By entering a Midland Monster Sportive event you are agreeing that you are aware of, and will abide by the following:
1. The event is not a race in any format and should not be ridden as such.
2. The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event and participation in the event is entirely at the rider’s own risk. Insurance cover is not provided for riders so they are advised to take appropriate cover. Midland Monster Sportive Event do not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant, nor the consequences of such actions.
3. The participant is over 14 at the time of the event and agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen.
4. If participants are between 5 to 17 at the time of the event then they must notify the organiser by a parental permission form which must be completed prior to riding. These can be downloaded here – please email them to us at Midland Monster email
5. Each participant accepts full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from the need for repatriation.
6. To wear a helmet at all times.
7.If you wish to use an e-bike at one of our events, it must be fully compliant with UK law – e.g. no “chipped” or overpowered e-bikes. These are considered illegal in the UK and are not allowed at our events.
8. As organisers, we are duty-bound to prioritise our resources to deal with genuine first-aid and mechanical issues. Flat e-bike batteries mid-ride are not considered genuine mechanical issues, rather the predictable outcome of poor planning. Riders with flat e-bike batteries are requested to make their own way to the nearest event Feed Station. It should be noted that we may have to wait until the event is finished and/or there are spare resources to facilitate a pick up from these locations. It is therefore suggested that e-bike riders are (1) familiar with their bike’s battery range, and (2) either carry a charged spare battery with them or stash a spare battery at a suitable point on the route in advance.
9. To obey all Highway Code rules. You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 (two) abreast at any time. Riders are expected to respect the roads, villages and countryside that the events travel through
10. To not drop or leave any litter on any part of the route and to dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin. Any rider found littering will be disqualified from the event.
11. To ensure that the cycle is of suitable standard and state of road worthiness for the conditions, with appropriate lighting should there be the possibility of the rider finishing in darkness.
12. It is recommended that riders carry a basic toolkit, pump (or canister) and at least two spare inner tubes with them. Basic mechanical assistance will be available from the motorcycle marshals and at the feed stations.
13. TRIATHLON BARS OR TIME TRIAL EXTENSIONS are not permitted
14. That any marked route is shown for guidance only and Midland Monster Sportive Event do not insist that you use the route shown. Therefore, if the rider chooses to ride a section, it is entirely their own choice.
15. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
16. The Midland Monster Organisers reserve the right to shorten or alter the published route at any time. Participants do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened or changed.
17. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of Midland Monster Sportive Event or a member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the rider still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
18. Each participant hereby grants to Midland Monster Sportive Event an exclusive, absolute and irrevocable worldwide assignment in perpetuity in the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant obtained at the event and grants to Midland Monster Sportive Event the right to use and publish, reproduce, sale, copyright, broadcast such content in any and all media. The participant hereby releases Midland Monster Sportive Events from any and all liability from such use and promotion and waives any right to compensation for appearing in them.
19. In the event that a participant fails to complete the course for any reason he or she agrees to return to or call the event centre before the close of the event and report to a member of staff. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised, and the subsequent cost will be billed to the rider.
20. Event entry fees cannot be refunded
21. Midland Monster Sportive Event reserves the right to cancel any event, due to extreme weather conditions of Force Majeure. In such an event, each participants entry with be automatically moved to the rescheduled event.